Fraud figures high on the list of operational risks that face all banks and financial institutions. This course will look at recent events to see two very clear examples of massive frauds – Bernard Madoff and Satyam. There are of course many others, but these two stand out because of their size and linkage to the present continuing financial crisis.
How would you fare if your bank or organization was faced with a fraud? In fact could you even identify a fraud in your working environment? Are you maximizing your staffs’ potential to reduce fraud and error in your systems? A major by-product of the current financial crisis is the number of frauds which have come to light – frauds that had been running for years.
“Risk Management – Focus on Fraud” is a 2-day intensive course on fraud; what fraud is and how it presents huge challenges for banks, requiring them to radically modify behavior and increase their vigilance in many of the traditional risks associated with banking activities.
This course provides a clear introduction to the world of fraud risk management and shows how it affects bank and customer alike. This two-day course exposes participants to how modern fraud activities are altering their risk profile.
- Understand the human dynamic – How greed and fraud fit into this fraud pattern.
- Understand and identify the key fraud indicators and red flags.
- Understanding operational risk – The big picture and the element that fraud represents in the operational risk continuum.
- Learn how to position your organization to successfully manage the ever-present fraud problem.
- Successful strategies and approaches to managing fraud risk.
Who Should Attend :
- Senior Bank Executives
- Risk Managers
- Operations Managers
- Business Managers
- Supervisory Staff
- Internal and External Auditors
- Operations Officers
- Business Managers
- Compliance Officers
- I.T. Applications Providers Serving Financial Institutions
- Consultants and Professionals Serving the Financial Services Industry.
This is a highly interactive course comprised of PowerPoint presentations, case studies, multidirectional discussions and exercises.
We are registered with and adhere to the Statement on Standards for Continuing Professional Education programs of the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Our registration number is 109066. Please check with the governing body of your license and state for specific CPE requirements. Grievances may be forwarded to the company at Ph: 650 620 3961; email: email@example.com. Grievances may also be forwarded to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors-NASBA, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN 37219-2417, 615-880-4200, www.nasba.org, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Field of Study:
- Auditing: 1 CPE Credit
- Personnel/HR: 1 CPE Credit
- Social Environment of Business: 1 CPE Credit
- Administrative Practice: 2 CPE Credits
- Communications: 2 CPE Credits
- Computer Science: 2 CPE Credits
- Business Management and Organization: 4 CPE Credits
- Specialized Knowledge and Applications: 4 CPE Credits
- Total CPE credits earned in this seminar: 17 CPE Credits
Program Delivery Method: Group-Live
Program Level: Overview
Advance Preparation/Program Prerequisites: None