If both the Supervisors and HR don’t administer an employer’s accountabilities in the correct manner what could have been solved as a mere miscommunication, can quickly turn into a costly lawsuit.
It is not just compliance risk management that is important. Just as important is that Supervisors need to know how to hire, coach, delegate, train and develop employees. Hiring is the most important activity of both HR and Supervisors. Coaching and delegation are as close to being “superpowers” as Supervisors ever will have. Supervisors need to know how to deal with everyday squabbles, as well as bigger problems such as resistance to change. Because when Supervisors effectively handle employees’ problems it is not just a risk management strategy it’s also a powerful employee retention tool.
Attend this seminar to get comprehensive knowledge on California compliance employment problems, discrimination and harassment, leave in CA (CFRA, FMLA, pregnancy leave), and different acts like Pregnancy Disability Leave (PDL), California Family Rights Act (CFRA), Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), California New Parent Leave Act. It will also cover hiring best practices and compliance, performance reviews, performance plans, interventions and discipline, CA safety and CA workers compensation.
At the end of this seminar, you will
- Know the basics of the myriad of CA compliance employment problems that in the absence of training, certainly will plague an uneducated Supervisor in CA.
- Be able to make good hiring decisions, without hiring problem people or causing discrimination claims.
- Know how to get employees off to a good start that will carry over into their entire career.
- Coach, develop and delegate – always have people ready to do other jobs as needed or as new positions open.
- Solve performance problems by Coaching Up or Counseling Out.
- Keep teams motivated, even through conflicts.
- Mediate employee conflicts, including bullying and sabotage.
Who will Benefit:
- HR Supervisors
- HR Managers
- HR Generalists
- HR Professionals