This 2-day intensive course is designed for bankers and people working in the financial services industry to provide them with a better understanding of:
- Money laundering and terrorist financing;
- Suspicious transaction reporting and suspicious activity indicators;
- Customer due diligence and record keeping; and
- International regulatory standards.
This course is designed to provide a practical approach to the subject providing detailed examples and guidelines to identifying and managing AML and terrorist financing issues.
An effective AML compliance program requires sound risk management; to this end this course provides guidance on identifying and controlling risks associated with money laundering and terrorist financing. The course provides an overview of AML compliance program requirements, AML risks and risk management expectations, industry sound practices, and examination procedures.
This structured course provides a complete structured package for learning in all main aspects of the subject of identifying and managing money laundering activities. It will enable participants to plan and manage the planning and implementation of AML management processes in their organization.
The aim of the course is to provide;
- An understanding of Money Laundering in all its facets
- Techniques for identifying, managing/mitigating Money laundering activities
- Practical coaching on how to implement the material learned in practice in a banking organization.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Understand their responsibilities in respect of anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing,
- Appreciate the risks of money laundering and terrorist financing specific to your financial/ business sector,
- Identify suspicious transactions in the course of your business/operations, and
- Understand the legal obligations to report suspicious transactions.
- Examine individual cases and be able ask all the right questions.
Who will Benefit:
Which organizations that should attend?
- Commercial Banks
- Central Banks
- Investment Banks
- Other financial institutions
Who should attend the Course?
- Compliance Officers
- Financial Officers
- Risk Officers
- Internal Auditors
- Operational Risk Managers
- Staff with roles and responsibilities in AML and anti-terrorist financing activities.
Methodology and Topic Background:
This training course uses a combination of prepared tuition, examples, and case studies. Most importantly it will offer participants, opportunities to plan such work within small working groups, providing practice in the application of the techniques and tools generating active participation.
Case study materials as well as lecture presentations to set out the key issues in developing good AML and anti-terrorist financing activities in banks.