Many institutions have spent hundreds of millions of dollars on either buying or building operational risk systems. However, the overwhelming majority of business users are unsatisfied with their solutions. This workshop will discuss the opaque nature of operational risk and the challenges such as:
- Developing an institution wide approach
- Overcoming silo practices and systems
- Risk data aggregation
- The need to ensure strong and well-articulated processes that drive the technology requirements and not the other way around
- Administration and support needs required for an effective and efficient system
- The potential external data feeds needed to interact with your solution
- Communications analysis to ensure availability
- Different platform architectures
- The management, board and reporting requirements
This workshop will prepare attendees to make decisions understanding approaches that could make the difference between success and failure. Some of the key topics that will be covered include:
- Define goals of ORM technology
- Identify common mistakes – lack of cohesion, user interface, project teams, agreed upon framework methodologies
- Describe and discuss the ORM elements and how that needs to interact, which include scenario analysis, risk assessment, event management, internal and external data, incident management, issue management, new products capital, materiality and measurements
- Create the planning process – risk data aggregation, reporting, regulatory requirements
- Define the key data element and their interactions, workflow
- Map the organizational preferences – levels of organization, legal entities, scoping, security model, user entitlement reviews, internal and external feeds (FX rates, general ledger, etc.)
- Discuss the main vendors and their offerings – how to build an RFP
- Explore pros and cons of buy vs. build
- Developing an organizational communications plan
- Effective techniques for building a pilot
- Keeping up with the framework evolution
- Reporting metrics
- Understand the basics of the operational risk elements to better define user requests
- Gain a full understanding of the challenges of implementing a cross business system with a wide group of stakeholders who usually have adopted different approaches
- Understand the various system architectures
- Identify the external data feeds and linkages that are required to support the system’s needs
- Define the administration model that best suits the organization
- Understand the data aggregation and board reporting requirements
- Senior and board committee reporting design and requirements
Who Will Benefit:
- Financial Officers
- Risk Officers
- Internal Auditors
- Operational Risk Managers
- Operational Risk Management Personnel
- Office Staff in Operational Roles
- Board Members
- Risk and Audit Committee Chairs and Members
- Heads of Market, Credit, and Operational Risk
- Chief Compliance Officers
- IT Managers
- Bank Regulators and Examiners
- Payroll Personnel
Send Your Team for Maximum Benefit Get your team up to speed!
Significant tuition discounts are available for teams of two or more from the same company. You must register at the same time and provide a single payment to take advantage of the discount.
- 2 Attendees
- 3 to 6 Attendees
- 7 to 10 Attendees
- 10+ Attendees
Call Toll Free +1-1-888-771-6965 if you have any queries.
- Get 10% off
- Get 20% off
- Get 25% off
- Get 30% off
Register by Wire Transfer
If you wish to pay by wire transfer: Please call us at
Toll Free +1-1-888-771-6965
Download Registration Form
Yes, I want to attend "ORM Technology - Getting the Best Return on Investment: 2-Day In-Person Seminar"
Click here to Download Registration Form
If you are paying by check:
Checks should be payable to MetricStream Inc. (our parent company). and mailed to:
2600 E. Bayshore Road
Palo Alto, CA 94303
Terms & Conditions to register for the Seminar/Conference/Event
Your Registration for the seminar is subject to following terms and conditions. If you need any clarification before registering for this seminar please call us @ +1-888-771-6965 or email us @ email@example.com
Payment is required before 2 days of the date of the conference. We accept American Express, Visa and MasterCard. Make checks payable to MetricStream Inc. ( our parent company)
Cancellations and Substitutions:
Written cancellations through fax or email (from the person who has registered for this conference) received at least 10 calendar days prior to the start date of the event will receive a refund — less a $150 administration fee. No cancellations will be accepted — nor refunds issued — within 10 calendar days from the start date of the event.
On request by email or fax (before the seminar) a credit for the amount paid minus administration fees ($150) will be transferred to any future GRC Seminars event and a credit note will be issued.
Substitutions may be made at any time. No-shows will be charged the full amount.
We discourage onsite registrations, however if you wish to register onsite payment to happen through credit card immediately or check to be submitted onsite. Conference material will be given on the spot if it is available after distributing to other attendees. In case it is not available we will send the material after the conference is over.
In the event GRC Seminars cancels the seminar, GRC Seminars is not responsible for any airfare, hotel, other costs or losses incurred by registrants. Some topics and speakers may be subject to change without notice.
Attendance confirmation and Documents to carry to the seminar venue:
After we receive the payment from the registered attendee an electronic event pass will be sent to the email address associated with the registrant before 5 working days from the seminar date. Please bring the pass to the venue of the event.
Conference photograph / video:
By registering and attending GRC Seminars conference you agree to have your photographs or videos taken at the conference venue and you do not have any objections to use these photos and videos by GRC Seminars for marketing, archiving or any other conference related activities. You agree to release GRC Seminars for any kind of claims arising out of copyright or privacy violations.