This course is designed to help scientists and engineers apply statistical methods used assist decision making in process and product development. Variability must be considered when utilizing data to arrive at conclusions.
- This course will cover Basic Statistics and Graphical Methods used to summarize data.
- You will learn how to apply Hypothesis Testing methods to determine whether groups are statistically equivalent or not with respect to key process characteristics such as process averages and variability.
- The use of confidence intervals when estimating key parameters will be covered.
- When planning studies, sample size determination is critical to ensure that study results will be meaningful. Methods to determine appropriate sample sizes for various types of problems will be covered.
- Finally, an introduction to Design of Experiments (DOE) is provided. DOE is an extremely efficient method to understand which variables (and interactions) affect key outcomes and allows the development of mathematical models used to optimize process and product performance. The concepts behind DOE are covered along with some effective types of screening experiments. Case studies will also be presented to illustrate the use of the methods.
This highly interactive course will allow participants the opportunity to practice applying statistical methods with various data sets. The objective is to provide participants with the key tools and knowledge to be able to apply the methods effectively in their process and product development efforts.
Participants are requested to bring a laptop with Minitab Version 17 software installed.
- Effectively summarize data and communicate results with basic statistics and graphical techniques
- Apply Hypothesis Testing to test whether two or more groups of data are statistically equivalent or not.
- Estimate key process parameters with associated confidence intervals to express estimate uncertainty
- Determine appropriate sample sizes for estimation and hypothesis testing
- Understand key concepts related to Design of Experiments
- Apply experiments to determine cause and effect relationships and model process behaviour
Who will Benefit:
- Product and Process Engineers
- Quality Engineers
- Personnel involved in product development and validation
Register by Wire Transfer
If you wish to pay by wire transfer: Please call us at
Toll Free +1-1-888-771-6965
Download Registration Form
Yes, I want to attend "Statistical Analysis for Process and Product Development: 2-Day In-person Seminar"
Click here to Download Registration Form
If you are paying by check:
Checks should be payable to MetricStream Inc. (our parent company). and mailed to:
2479 E. Bayshore Road, Suite 260
Palo Alto, CA 94303
Terms & Conditions to register for the Seminar/Conference/Event
Your Registration for the seminar is subject to following terms and conditions. If you need any clarification before registering for this seminar please call us @ +1-888-771-6965 or email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment is required before 2 days of the date of the conference. We accept American Express, Visa and MasterCard. Make checks payable to MetricStream Inc. ( our parent company)
Cancellations and Substitutions:
Written cancellations through fax or email (from the person who has registered for this conference) received at least 10 calendar days prior to the start date of the event will receive a refund — less a $300 administration fee. No cancellations will be accepted — nor refunds issued — within 10 calendar days from the start date of the event.
On request by email or fax (before the seminar) a credit for the amount paid minus administration fees ($300) will be transferred to any future GRC Seminars event and a credit note will be issued.
Substitutions may be made at any time. No-shows will be charged the full amount.
We discourage onsite registrations, however if you wish to register onsite payment to happen through credit card immediately or check to be submitted onsite. Conference material will be given on the spot if it is available after distributing to other attendees. In case it is not available we will send the material after the conference is over.
In the event GRC Seminars cancels the seminar, GRC Seminars is not responsible for any airfare, hotel, other costs or losses incurred by registrants. Some topics and speakers may be subject to change without notice.
Attendance confirmation and Documents to carry to the seminar venue:
After we receive the payment from the registered attendee an electronic event pass will be sent to the email address associated with the registrant before 5 working days from the seminar date. Please bring the pass to the venue of the event.
Conference photograph / video:
By registering and attending GRC Seminars conference you agree to have your photographs or videos taken at the conference venue and you do not have any objections to use these photos and videos by GRC Seminars for marketing, archiving or any other conference related activities. You agree to release GRC Seminars for any kind of claims arising out of copyright or privacy violations.
Local Attractions Local Attractions of Troy, MI: