This GRC Professional Seminar will teach you how to efficiently design and enhance GRC activities within your organization based on established GRC standards and an internationally recognized framework. This program will enhance your credentials by helping you qualify for the GRC Professional certification exam, offered by GRC Certify.
Through lectures, practical group interaction, discussions, and exercises, participants will learn to:
- Define a GRC strategy
- Integrate and improve corporate performance, and risk and compliance programs
- Strengthen core business processes
- Improve the use of technology to support the integrated governance, management and assurance of performance, risk and compliance
The objective of the seminar is to furnish attendees with skills and resources needed to help organizations improve their GRC capability by implementing the publicly vetted open source standards set out in OCEG’s GRC Capability Model. Some of the primary topics covered during the three days will be:
- What is GRC, how it came to be and why is it important
- Available GRC resources and certifications
- OCEG GRC Capability Model
- How to coordinate the GRC capability in an organization
- How to develop a strategic plan for GRC
The GRC Professional seminar is an approved OCEG seminar.
This seminar prepares individuals to pass the GRC Professional certification exam, offered by GRC Certify, an OCEG affiliated organization. Training will be delivered by an approved OCEG training partner Jason Mefford (an OCEG Fellow and approved OCEG training partner).
Here’s how the seminar can make a difference:
- Differentiate yourself from the competition
- Become a sought after expert in GRC and gain an advantage in the competitive job market
- Increase your potential earnings
- Knowledge to successfully undertake the GRC Professional (GRCP) certification exam and become a recognized GRC professional
- Raise the GRC bar and boost stakeholder confidence
- Meet legal/regulatory compliance obligations effectively
- Improve responsiveness, efficiency and strategic business decisions
- Protect and enhance your brand and avoid fines, penalties and reputation damage
- Demonstrate GRC implementation, auditing and consulting expertise
- Differentiate from your market competitors
- Increase the value of your GRC capability
- How to identify and coordinate the various GRC activities within an organization
- The tools and resources available to GRC professionals
- How to tailor the GRC concepts to develop and integrate GRC capability in your organization
- How to apply the OCEG GRC Capability Model to your organization
- The necessary knowledge to successfully undertake the GRC Professional (GRCP) exam and become a certified GRC professional
- How GRC is much more than a technology solution and how you can use technology in your GRC efforts
- How to develop a GRC strategic plan
- How to align risk and compliance in context of the organization
- Understand, define, and enhance organizational culture as it relates to performance, risk, and compliance
- Implement effective, efficient and agile GRC processes using the OCEG GRC Capability Model
- Motivate and inspire desired conduct through the concept of Principled Performance
- Develop ongoing monitoring and continuous improvement of GRC activities through metrics and measurement
Who Will Benefit:
All professionals who want to expand their knowledge of governance, risk management and compliance (GRC) or are considering a GRC Professional certification will benefit from the seminar. This includes:
- Legal professionals
- Compliance and risk management staff
- Finance and internal audit personnel
- Executives, managers and key staff in all GRC roles
- Employees of technology providers and professional service firms who must understand the issues and approaches to GRC challenges faced by organizations they seek to serve
This is a group internet-based event for NASBA authorized continuing education credit. Attendees who are premium individual or enterprise members of OCEG or who have an OCEG All Access Pass will receive a certificate of completion of this webcast indicating 1 hour of CPE.
OCEG is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Registration number is 109485. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org. For information regarding administrative issues such as complaints or refunds please contact email@example.com.
Passing criteria for OCEG certificate-
Participants must get 70% of the questions correct to pass.
Note: Each participant will need to bring their laptop and have internet access in the training room to sit for the exam. Speaker will walk everyone through the setup process, apply the applicable coupon code and then have them sit for the exam. If anyone doesn’t pass the exam during the training, they can re-sit for the exam for free within 90 days.