HIPAA Now and Then
The evolutions of this enigmatic law and how what was once relative benign in terms of enforcement is now fully funded and aggressive. Learn what you can do to be prepared for an audit and how to lower risks of ever being audited.
It is absolutely imperative that you are proactive and not reactive with your compliance program, this is a necessary evil and you need to protect your practice or your business and limit risks from the imminent Federal audits. Join me in keeping up with this very confusing law and take advantage of all the templates and information provided as part of the seminar..
We will be discussing the history and evolution of HIPAA Privacy/Security and the major points you need to understand to proactively protect your practice or business.
- Specific areas covered will be:
- History of HIPAA
- HIPAA Omnibus Rule
- How to perform a HIPAA Security Risk Assessment
- What is involved in a Federal audit and how is it conducted
- Risk factors for a federal audit
- How to avoid a Federal audit
- Business Associates and HIPAA audits
- EHR and HIPAA
- Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery Planning
- Assessing your contractors and sub-contractors
- In depth discussions on IT down to the nuts and bolts
- Risk factors that can cause an audit (low hanging fruit)
- New rules which grant states ability to sue citing HIPAA on behalf of a patient
- New funding measures
- ….much, much more
Who Will Benefit:
- Practice managers
- Compliance officers
- Business associates privy to private health information and under the auspices of this law.
Current News and Information about HIPAA Compliance, Regulations and Violations
Massachusetts Ear Group To Pay $1.5 Million To Resolve HIPAA Charges
- Tue, 23 Jun 2015 15:31:18 GMT
Upcoming HIPAA Audits May Target Financial Institutions
- Tue, 23 Jun 2015 14:28:46 GMT
Health care worker sent to jail for HIPAA violations
- Tue, 23 Jun 2015 16:15:09 GMT
Chilmark analyst: ‘HIPAA must die’ – MedCity News
- Fri, 19 Jun 2015 16:27:24 GMT
Push to change HIPAA provisions gains ground with dueling House bills – ModernHealthcare.com
- Wed, 17 Jun 2015 04:25:24 GMT
Deven McGraw brings HIPAA expertise to OCR – Healthcare IT News
- Thu, 18 Jun 2015 15:30:43 GMT
Bill aims to clarify mental health record-sharing under HIPAA
- Wed, 10 Jun 2015 18:04:01 GMT.