Please join us for this intense one-day program that will give you the skills to succeed as a case manager or social worker in the new era of value-based reimbursement and accountable care. The world of healthcare is changing so rapidly and so is the role of case management in that world! Whether you are reading or hearing about value-based reimbursement, the Affordable Care Act, the continuum of care, bundled payments, transitions in care, or accountable care organizations, case management is at the center of it all!
Because things are changing so rapidly, it can be a challenge to stay current and knowledgeable in the issues that most greatly impact your role as an acute care case manager or social worker. Reimbursement has changed dramatically as has utilization management, transitional planning and compliance. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has incorporated changes that impact on payments related to readmissions, length of stay and cost of care. Who is in a better place to address these issues than case managers and social workers! Finally, how do you measure your impact on the cost and quality of care and the reimbursement your organization receives for that care?
All these topics and more will be covered in this jam-packed one-day program. The day will start with an overview of the state of the art in case management today, how we got here, and where we are going in the future. From there we will discuss the often-confusing subject of all the roles that occur in best practice departments.
You will learn more about the complimentary, but separate roles of RN case managers and social work case managers. From there, we will address best practice case management department models. We will then review what utilization management and transitional planning really mean under the current CMS rules and the new CMS proposed rules. We will end our series with a discussion on the best ways to measure the outcomes of your case management department and its impact on the organization.
Whether you are new to case management or a seasoned pro, this program will provide you with the latest and most up-to-date topics and information that you will need to be at the top of your game and produce the best outcomes for you, your patients and your organization.
- Understand the history of case management, the current state, and directions for the future.
- Describe contemporary case management roles and models.
- Review the role of utilization management in an era of value-based purchasing.
- Discuss how transitional planning can be done most effectively in the new healthcare environment.
- Ensure that you and your case management department are maintaining compliance.
- Understand the outcome measures you will need to measure the success of you and your case management department.
Who will Benefit:
- Coordinator Utilization Management/Case Management
- Account Management/Executive
- Administrative Director Care Management
- Population Health
- Analyst Clinical Documentation & Care Coordination
- Appeals Manager
- Patient Care Services and Logistics
- Clinical Documentation
- Continuum Care Management
- Integrated Care Delivery
- Medical Director Hospitalists
- Medical and Academic Affairs
- Medical Officer Clinical & Quality Services
- Family Medicine
- Hospitalist Consultants
- Specialist Health Information Management
- Denial Management Specialist
- Resource Management
- Utilization Management
- Transfer Center
- Clinical Operations-Nurse Consultant
- Health Management
- Health Social Work
- Integrated Care Management
- Manager Revenue Cycle