The rewards of ACH payments are numerous, but various types of processing inherently increase risk to participants. This interactive course provides attendees an overview of ACH risk by participant (ODFI, RDFI, Originator, Third-Party), focusing on sound business strategies to minimize exposure and loss, and maintain compliance with the ACH Rules and applicable laws (i.e. UCC4A, Regulation E, etc.).
ACH processing requires more than just following the ACH Rules; many applicable laws are not covered in the Rules book, which can expose an ACH participant to needless risk and loss. This course explores a wide variety of topics including risk categories, sound business practices to minimize exposure, applicable laws and rules, and more.
Participants help define course objectives on day 1 ensuring the course meets your unique needs. Attendees leave with action items they can immediately implement and valuable resources including case studies for internal training and testing.
- Learn how to navigate the ACH Rules book and find both the ACH Rule and the Guidance
- Isolate risks by participant and strategies to reduce exposure
- Record new Rules
- Network with other attendees during interactive exercises like ACH Jeopardy: Find that Rule! and case studies
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
- Navigating the ACH Rules
- New ACH Rules
- Impacts of laws and guidance on ACH processing obligations
- ACH Risk and Risk Management strategies by participant and/or situation
- ACH Fraud
- ACH Jeopardy and case studies
- Risk assessment and audit essentials (ODFIs and RDFIs)
Who will Benefit:
Any payments professional working in the ACH Network will benefit from this course; these individuals could include operations, compliance, AR/AP, payroll, risk management, audit, legal counsel, management, risk officers, and AAP’s.
Important class notes from the speaker:
- Bring your ACH Rules book if you want the ability to highlight sections as we navigate the book during class. I suggest bringing along a highlighter too if bringing the printed version of the book.
- Originators are welcome to stay until the course is finished, but the last 45 minutes of the program is intended for ODFIs and RDFIs as we explore audit and risk assessment criteria.
We are registered with and adhere to the Statement on Standards for Continuing Professional Education programs of the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Our registration number is 109066. Please check with the governing body of your license and state for specific CPE requirements. Grievances may be forwarded to the company at 650 620 3961. Grievances may also be forwarded to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors-NASBA, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN 37219-2417, 615-880-4200, www.learningmarket.org, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Field of Study:
- Auditing: 6 CPE Credits
- Management Advisory Services: 6.4 CPE Credits
- Specialized Knowledge and Applications: 2 CPE Credits
- Total CPE credits earned in this workshop: 14.4 CPE Credits
Program Delivery Method: Group-Live
Program Level: Intermediate
Advance Preparation/Program Prerequisites: Basic understand of the ACH Network including transaction flow and risk.